Good internship programs are vital for training healthcare providers well –
that’s why effective pharmacy preceptors, the teachers who guide students through their pharmacy training, are so important.
This course will provide those looking to become internship preceptors, in the context of pharmacy education, with basic knowledge about pharmacy precepting.
1. How to be a super preceptor
2. Principles of experiential learning in pharmacy and basketball
3. GPS precepting: assessment, feedback, and grading
4. Designing a structured, well-organized learning experience
5. Strategies for bringing out the best in every student
6. Traits of great preceptors and characteristics of great rotations
7. Optimal outcome precepting: putting everything together